Looking For Diamonds For Your Budget? Here’s Your Checklist!
Diamonds are a symbol of love and commitment. No matter whether you are gifting one or want to show off a big rock on your finger, diamonds are just right for many reasons. With that said, selecting a diamond can be confusing, which is why we have listed down the aspects that need your immediate attention.
- Start with the budget. The budget eventually determines what you can really afford. For example, if you just have $1,500, there’s no point of looking at diamonds priced at $15,000. Before you think of other things, just create a limit for your purchase.
- Find a good seller. Instead of buying diamonds from any random shop, check online for Brisbane wholesale diamond merchants. You will have more choices and an assurance that the diamonds are genuine and have been priced rightly.
- Color matters. Diamonds that have no color are considered to be the perfect and are rated as D. The ranking starts from D to Z, and if a diamond has color rating Z, it would slightly brown or yellow in color. If the cut is good enough, color may not matter as much.
- Clarity counts. Since diamonds are formed naturally, there can be inclusions and blemishes in the stone, which affects the price. A diamond with no such inclusions is termed as Flawless or FL. You can check charts for the rating and other relevant details.
- Cut is utterly vital. The most important C of diamond selection is the cut, which basically talks of the sparkle. If a diamond is cut well, it will show its brilliance, even if the color and clarity isn’t of the best grade.
- Carat is not about size. Yes, carat basically refers to the weight of the diamond. If you want to get a bigger stone in a lower price, you can cut down the expectations on color and clarity, which may not matter extensively.
- Certification is important. In case of diamonds, you should insist on getting a Certificate, which outlines all the characteristics of the diamond. International Gemological Institute (IGI) and Gemological Institute of America (GIA) are two independent and trusted institutions for the same.
Check online now and find more on diamond sellers near you. You can also take a look online to find more design choices. Some of the sellers also have facilities, where diamonds can be ordered and delivered as per requirements. Consider what matters the most and take a call accordingly.